Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ashley's Baby Shower & Baby Book

We had a Baby Shower for my Sister-in-Law Ashley a few weeks ago.  She's the one I told ya'll about recently who is not finding out the sex of the baby until the day it comes. So brave!! She has picked out a really cute color combination of Brown, Green, and White, with both stripes & polka dots.  Naturally, we used the same color combination for the decor.

This is the diaper cake we used as the center piece. So simple to make & so elegant.

  My grandmother & Ashley - the mother to be.  Ok, how cute is that dress?!? With the bow above the belly! Oh, my. 

And this cake, made by the wonderful Tammy Hight, is so precious, don'tcha think?  And her cakes actually taste delicious!

The Mommy to Be & the hostesses.

I made Ashley a pre-made Scrapbook for Baby Long.  I really enjoy making the Baby Pages. I can use such cute embellishments.  Although I have to admit, it was much harder to make when I didn't know the sex of the baby.  Can't use to many ribbons or bows, stay away from pink & blue, etc.  But, I love the final outcome.

This is one of my favorite scrapbook pages for any occasion.  Take any song, poem, or story with meaning to you or that occasion & use it for the background with a picture of the subject or the occasion as the focus.  So easy yet so meaningful!  This is Brett Dennen's Blessed.

Joey & Ashley have painted a mural of a tree in the nursery with the saying "Mommy and Daddy will give you two things, one is roots and the other is wings".  So I knew all along that I wanted to do something with a tree.  I decided on a Family tree and love the way it turned out.  The tree represents the Baby & I left plenty of space for Ash to either put a picture of the Baby or write in the Baby's name (still unknown!).


Another one of my favorite scrapbook spreads is signature/note pages for family and friends to write a note to the family & to the unborn baby.  I did two for Ash's book - one for Advice for Mommy and one for Life Tips for Baby Long.  I love reading what everyone has to say!

Happy Mother's Day page for Ash's first Mom's Day cards.

A page for all the B-day dets.

And another of my favorites - a page for the 1st ultrasound pics. "the first time ever I saw your face" so sweet!

Ash has been writing to the baby during the pregnancy, so I created a "The Journey" two page spread for her writings.  I hope the baby can enjoy this for his (or her) entire life.

There are many more pages in Ash's scrapbook, but this was a good sampling to share.  Here's the happy expecting couple:





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

Share |