Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Apex Peakfest - Local Art at its Finest!

This past Saturday my husband's parents were in town for Summer's wedding, so what better way to entertain than to go to Peakfest in downtown Apex. Being relatively new to the Apex area, this was my first time at the festival - what a joy! Salem street was packed with local companies, artists & community groups. All the stores & restaurants were open & I was finally able to peak inside the new clothing boutique, Nativa (www.nativaboutiquepr.com). My hubby was in a hurry for lunch so unfortunately I couldn't try anything on - but I can't wait to go back! The clothes were cute, fresh, & fun. They also had a good range of accessories & the staff was super friendly! We ate lunch at Apex Bar & Grill (which, btw, has Fat Tire on draft now!). This is the perfect local Bar for you Apexers - the food is delish & the atmosphere is relaxed - perfect for watching sports. Bonus: they also have a few tables street side.

If you are in the market for new jewelry, Peakfest is the place to be! There were jewelry makers & vendors aplenty at the festival, so the selection was large enough for any taste. My mother-in-law got a pair of silver hoops & I got a gorgeous pair of gold flower earrings from Surcee. (i'll post a pic later) One could find any color bead, gemstone, metal, etc - make it your jewelry destination next spring:)

I also met Stacey Wright of Little Miss Fancy Paints (fancypaints.com) - a fun girl with a great idea & a great talent! She paints pottery as well as travels around for pottery painting parties. She makes the most adorable pet bowls & pet cookie jars - they are a must see! Of course, Silvie has to have the NC State Wolfpack cookie jar. If it was me, I'd have a hard time making a tar heel bowl, but she is very diplomatic and has every school represented. She also had painted monogram letters & who can get enough of those these days? Check out her website & buy some gifts!

As ya'll know, I specialize in paper crafts, particular cards & scrapbooking. I thought there would be several vendors similar to me at Peakfest, but surprisingly, there weren't. I wasn't able to do it this year because of Summer's wedding, but I will not miss it next year! The town of Apex has done a great job organizing this cute little festival - entertainment throughout the day & participation from so many local artists & companies. Look for Perfect Chance Memories next year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

Share |