Thursday, January 6, 2011

Spicy Chicken & Black Bean Soup {Tasty Thursday}


Yep, you read that right. I'm finally getting another Tasty Kitchen post up. If I can manage my time better in 2011, you should get many more - I try to make one new recipe a week.

I put this soup in the crockpot and it was perfect when I got home from work. The house smelled great! I love using the crockpot - it's so easy and then my evenings are free to get my craft on:). Here's the link to the original recipe on Tasty Kitchen. I made some changes, so I posted my process and ingredients below.

What you need:
* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
* 16 ounces, weight Salsa
* 32 ounces low sodium Chicken Broth
* 16 ounces, weight Frozen Mixed Vegetables
* 1 Tablespoons Salt
* 2 Tablespoons Pepper
* 2 Tablespoons Red Pepper Flakes
* 1 Tablespoons Ancho Chili Pepper
* 2 Tablespoons Cumin
* 3 cans (15 Oz. Can) Black Beans, Drained

What to do:
Mix everything but the chicken together in the Crockpot. Stir. Place the chicken breasts on top. Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred chicken and stir. Serve with homemade tortilla chips.

Notes: I adjusted the salt levels from the original recipe. Of course, salt to taste, but I prefer thinks less salty!

Perfect soup for these cold winter days:) And made my husband happy because he loves black beans!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

Share |